Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Why Can't Love be Fair?

My bestfriend CeeJ never learned his lesson - never to get too attached to an uncertain love. But he was too sure it was the love he was needing in his lifetime, even changing his entire life was the harshest thing he has decided upon, after hearing the words, "Let's just be friends."


He gave up. Perhaps, just almost. But seeing him bruised and scathed, I think he had just given everything up - his life, his time, his priorities to have a love perfect. He has told me often about how happy he was - like how eloquent he delivered his report at school, or how grateful he was with his newly styled haircut (even if it looks like the worst Halloween hairdo).

But he was the happiest person I've known. He was good to his friends, even good as a person, as a student, as a son. But I learned from him that not all good people get good lives.

But lately, there was a different story I have heard - it was as If my bestfriend was seeing someone that i guess, he was extremely sure of. He admitted that she was different among all he have had loved. That time, I came into believing that my bestfriend has finally found that one true love. I came into believing that not all his stories closes in a tear-jerking stage drama.

He have tried and failed, and then failed, and failed again.

Time shifted its path again for my bestfriend that I even get tired of all his seemingly unending stories. I heard enough of what Ceejay has to say. I was his soul-partner. He talks to me like there's no tomorrow. He taps my back when he wants to say something or even question me again, "Why can't love be fair?"

But I always believed in him. For my bestfriend, forgetting her is the hardest thing to do but he knows that forgetting her won’t be the hardest by the time he rebuilds his life again.

How lucky I am for not having experienced love at all even if I look pretty gorgeous.


-Oozer, the ambitious motorcycle

0 comments: