Thursday, October 8, 2009

Winds of Solitude

Winds of Solitude
By Joel S. Aba

I chased the winds that follow you
clinging to the ends of every strand
that dashed toward the still waters of the East
moving briskly towards an unknown end

I chased the winds that follow you
It moved through pristine forests and seas
And in ominous roads, tunnels, and cliffs
It turned me bruised as I clung

I chased the winds that follow you
The sun fed my unquenched spirit to follow
In turbulence I clinched in both hands
Pushing against the devastating force of the rage

I chased tightly to the winds that follow you
My life moved against the inevitable
My tears flew swift behind the shadows
That even the shadows constantly wished to set free

A louder call of the East reverberating
Have caused the wind to move swiftly and go
I tried to chase the last strand of the winds that follow you
Yet the strand of the wind has gone out of sight

The pasture of change cushioned the fall
The sun was up, yet I see nothing but darkness
Solitude wrapped the inside of my bashed spirit
And the brokenness left me nothing but empty

In this cruel fate I stood bold from the fall
Like how the horizon brings the sun back to life
And in stride I walk back to my lost, true self
Back to the self where I truly belong.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post. Thanks for sharing. ;D

Solo
Travel and Living
Job Hunt Pinoy

AL Kapawn said...

very nice poem..

masyado kang makata ah, ito ang tinatawag na blogtasan. he he he

meron din ako:

Of all the queer birds
i ever did see
the owl is the queerest
by far to me

of all day long
she sits on the tree
and when the night comes
away fly she.

ooohh kitam.

meron pa:

Si andres bonifacio
naka upo sa bato
nakahawak ng isang platito
nag hihintay ng puto.

tenky yu beri big sa pagdalaw sa site ko.

AL Kapawn said...

na add na nga pala kita sa blog ko, para mabilis ang daloy ng trapiko papunta dito.

pasyalan blues lang tayo

AL Kapawn said...

uy! nawawala ka yata sa limelight.. nasan ka na?

Joel CJ Senico Aba said...

maraming maraming salamat sa iyong pag dalaw.Hindi ako masyado magaling mag tagalog kaya pasensya na kaibigan.

Sige, mag "exchange links" tayo ha.Maraming Salamat.

hahahah =D

AL Kapawn said...

ganun ba? hindi mo ma understand ang tagalog?

baka naman bisaya ka dung? dili nga.. tinuod man?

Yj said...

hey Joel... thanks for droppin by my home...

and yes, im adding both of your blogs in my list...

happy blogging... daan-daan ka lang sa bahay ko, madami kang kalandiang matututunan dun hehehehehe

Jules said...

Such a great poem. I like your blog. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. =D Keep in touch. =D

Summer
A Writers Den
Brown Mestizo