Monday, December 15, 2008

Vegetarianism and Animals

I bumped into this hilarious picture which is said to be posted as cover of a magazine sometime ago. It has the caption, “IF YOU DON’T BUY THIS MAGAZINE, WE'LL KILL THIS DOG!”

I guess its only a lampoon issue of the magazine, as written, so I was quite relieved that it was really not intended. But seeing the photo with the gun pointed on the dog's head gives me another thought or view of the picture - that it actually HAPPENS in REAL LIFE - in the streets of Project 2, in Quezon City; in Cebu, even in Tanjay! (LOL)

Humans could be this bad. Below is the photo.


There have been many people raising up against the unethical treatment of animals around the world. As a matter of fact, I know alot of them. Some, even encouraged me to join too! But the challenge isn't as easy as it sounds. Bearing the membership, or the name, "vegetarian" (those who are not into eating meat but veggies for the sake of either loosing weight/being healthy or pathetically, to lessen the "animal crimes"), demands the challenge of being a lifetime pro-vegetable, anti-meat!

Pero Pinoy ako eh. I eat meat and chicken like most Filipinos but still entertains the possibility that someday, I could survive eating fish, milk and rice the whole time, not only for the purpose of keeping myself fit, but to really stand up for being PRO-ANIMAL!

I have a number of friends who have actually stood up on being a vegetarian. A friend of mine, Mark, is a Vegan. My Bacolodnon foster Ate, Ms. Megan Villanueva is a pescatarian, PLUS, she has survived this far without the presence of coffee in her house, or anywhere else!

But for those intrested like me, we should be carefully eductated with the nature of its course. Here, I've pasted the 6 most popular and leading types of vegetarians in the world:

A Pescatarian is occasionally used to describe those who abstain from eating all meat and animal flesh with the exception of fish. Flexitarians are those who eat a mostly vegetarian diet, but occasionally eat meat. Vegans do not eat meat of any kind and also do not eat eggs, dairy products, or processed foods containing these or other animal-derived ingredients such as gelatin. Other types of vegetarian diet include Lacto-ovo Vegetarian, Raw Vegan, and Macrobiotic.

So, ANO... I DARE YOU!!

But know what, I find the vegetarians who abstain from eating meat for the sake of saving these animals pathetic in clinging on to what they believe because whether they win a thousand of people who would follow them and their beliefs, still... a huge number of people around the world shouts for meat.

It's 7:30 in the evening now, my tummy is half empty, and starving. And just like them, in my mind i see some meat served on the table when I come home from this office. uhu. Mukang di talaga pwede! =)



-Royalty Bisyoso

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bahala na yung mga taga PETA kahit indi sila kumain ng karne..

wag lang akong idamay...

madali akong magwala pag indi nakakain ng karne..ahehee

Admin said...

Naks naman...

Well, mahilig ako sa karne... Yun lang!

Lets adventure!

FinLust said...

Hmmmp! That's hard...e yung fish, animal pa rin yun dba..? LOL!

Mark..? Kuya Mark Fabillar..? Actually, his not vagan...after seeing him eating meat months ago, I finally proved that his blog title is wack...but maybe he is avoiding eating meat...LOL!

Kosa said...

ahhhh taena.. ganun ba yun?
sige sige wala na akong idadagdag pa..

nagbibigay pugay lang sa isang kagaya mong kasali sa royalcoke..lols ahhh royalblad pala.

Chyng said...

Hello!

Fishes are friends...not food!

>>Uhm ok, pero plants are for cows! hahaha

And come on, yung mga vegetarian, concert nila yung health nila, di naman tlga yung animal welfare! ;)

i'll visit your multiply site...

mherzog said...

Eating milk and fish still contributes to much suffering. Watch this video: http://meat.org

Joel CJ Senico Aba said...

Thanks for the comments.

I'm really not into meat all time. I could survive eating fish and veggies for 24 hours!! LOL! kidding..

KUYA MOses: I can't access to your blog. Is this Moses Atega of Silliman? thanks sa link.

Chyng: Right. Most of them are concerned about their health... but there are just some who stands up for animal welfare like the PETA advocates and other orgs, dba?

MMhhh.. I'm really interested lang talaga with vegetarianism. Soooooon.. ehehe.. =)

Kape Kanlaon\ said...

wapak! hehehe new blogger in town..

growing from city of the rice and vegetable bowl of the province, it's really not hard for me to make myself more adapt to eating vegetables than meat.
As for me, I believe it's ok to eat meat as long as the way that the animals are slaughtered would not be in an abusive way. Of course, we still kill and eat them but they also deserve respect, and justice...before they get served to a steaming bowl.. lol



thanks for linking me..
i will add you on my list too...

c yah!

The Happy Human Jellyfish said...

I gave up meat after watching a peta video.
I used to eat only chicken so I had only one thing to de-addict from.

I liked the cover of the magazine anyway. Evil, but innovative. Don't you think?

Joel CJ Senico Aba said...

ance: Thanks for dropping by.. Ewan, im not sure with my plans yet, just seeing the table with "humba" and "lechon" makes me forget of the veggies and greens na... hehehe

DIU: thanks for dropping by..
yeah, its so evilish, innovative.

Mark Xander said...

Hi, Jo. Nalimot ko what my domain host is, although I am 99% sure that it is Go Daddy (godaddy.com). :)

And going vegetarian is quite easy, actually. I am Filipino too, and was able to do it.

And the nerve of anyone to say they saw me eating meat. If I wanted to eat meat, why would I do it in public? :)

KRIS JASPER said...

HELLO Bisyoso!

I just dropped by to say thanks for greeting me yesterday!

& I will come back later to read more of your postssss (in a rush kasi ngayon).

KJ

FerBert said...

sa isang video ni Kevjumba sa youtube ginamit din nya yung linyang yan.. sinabi nyang papatayin nya yung aso nya or something.. di ko na maalala eh.. check ko ulit mamaya yung video

Naniniwala akong animals are created para kainin ng tao pero bilang tao responsabilidad pa rin naten na alagaan ang hayop na nasa paligid naten

Joel CJ Senico Aba said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joel CJ Senico Aba said...

Thanks guys.. Right, it is our responsibility in saving the animals but of course, we have the belief that since everything in this word is ours to use for our consumption, the cooked, edible animals around us are for us to eat too!

Mark Xander: Thanks! I'd inform you with the progress soon. And yeah, you wouldn't do it in public when you know infact that everybody knows that you are a vegan... rather, the Vegan Prince. pastilan... Stay cool

FinLust said...

Oooops! Wahehehe! maybe I overlooked what the food was...LOL! Sorry kuya mark...PEACE...

Shravan Vijayaprasad said...

Hey,

It's actually quite easy to become a vegan for me! but for now, I wanna eat as much as i can cos, someday, we'll def be restricted from eating meat and then I'll stop!